The team is looking for someone to work across both corporate accounting and fund accounting in a high volume environment. The role is newly created and reports into the CFO!
• Leading Middle Market PE Firm
• Hybrid 3x back in office
• 30+ Years in Business
• Office in Fairfield Country, CT
• <5 min walk from train station
• Amazing benefits (healthcare, 401k/matching)
• 150 employees
• Global Offices
• Great hours!
• Small finance team
• Friendly, team oriented culture
• Lots of exposure across the firm and to different teams
• Strong year after year performance!
- Work with the department’s other Assistant Controller to manage the department’s reporting cycles
- Oversee small team of accountants
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial statements
- Calculate business unit profitability on quarterly basis
- Work with the Controller and CFO to develop the organizational operating budget
- Prepare detailed cash projections
- Understand complex fund organization documents in order to record management fees earned by the Management company
- Participate in projects and the overall department’s strategic plan
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to raise issues to the Controller as needed.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
• 4-8 years experience
• Must have fund knowledge
• CPA preferred
• Open to public/private or straight private