Awesome Opportunity with a thriving Asset Management Firm!
Global Alternative Asset Management has an immediate opening for a Private Equity Fund Controller that will directly support the CFO and supervise newly hired team members in 2023!
Private Equity firm is seeking a Controller to join the Finance Team!
The Controller will report directly to the CFO and will be responsible for all fund activities across accounting, finance, management company accounting, reporting, tax compliance, reporting, and investor relations.
- Assist with all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the firm.
- Assist with managing, coordinating, and overseeing the third-party fund administrator.
- Drive the annual valuation, audit, and tax reporting processes.
- Prepare capital allocations, capital calls, and distribution calculations, including carried interest calculations and management fee calculations.
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements, investment activity, income, and expense accruals.
- Respond to investor requests and ad hoc queries for internal and external parties.
- Enhance internal processes related to financial reporting.
- Assist with tax planning and compliance including working with outside tax providers to coordinate K-1 preparation, tax filings, and tax estimates.
- Perform accounting, budgeting, cash flow management, and other financial analyses.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of all current and emerging financial and tax reporting requirements relevant to fund and management company compliance.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 10-12 Years+ years of private equity fund accounting experience
- CPA Required
- Public + Private mix strongly preferred but will also consider relevant private side backgrounds.