Premiere Real Estate Fund in NYC seeking Assistant Controller to oversee accounting team of 2-3 people
- Leading Real Estate Firm
- $40B AUM
- Investments across commercial, industrial, hotel, and residential properties
- 30+ Years in Business
- Typical Day: 8:30am – 6:00pm!
- Great culture, young and fast paced environment
- High employee retention rate – position open due to someone being promoted/moved internally
- Small accounting team
- New hire, position is open due to growth of the fund
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be humble (very laid back environment, arrogance will not fly)
- Work together with the firm’s RE investment professionals, legal team and tax team
- Work closely with CFO
- Lots of room for internal mobility across different groups
- Opportunity to play an integral role in the direction of the firm
- Portfolio consolidations and compilation of fund financial reports
- Review of cash contributions and distributions to JV partners
- Review waterfall calculations to ensure accordance with JV agreements.
- Review closing entries for asset acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
- Assist with staffing of the fund accounting group including providing feedback on Portfolio Accountant performance.
- Train and develop team of Portfolio Accountants.
- Ad hoc projects
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- 5+ years of real estate experience
- Public/Private mix preferred