Portfolio Accountant-Funds will perform financial, accounting and reporting functions for an open end core fund.
- $40B AUM
- Investments across commercial, industrial, hotel, and residential properties
- 30+ Years in Business
- Typical Day: 8:30am – 6:00pm!!
- Great culture, young and fast paced environment
- High employee retention rate – position open due to someone being promoted/moved internally
- Small accounting team
- Review and analyze property financial reports that include incomes statements, balance sheets, general ledgers, cash flow statements and other support documentation, to ensure material accuracy of property level reporting, and provide variance explanations for a portfolio of real estate assets.
- Investment level accounting functions such as compilation of acquisition, disposition, loan financing entries, fair value adjustments, audit adjustments, waterfall entries, minority interest entries, elimination entries, portfolio consolidations and reporting, bank reconciliations, NCREIF data submissions, debt compliance, and maintenance of portfolio support schedules.
- Monitor portfolio cash needs through periodic review of property level funding requests, forecasted cash activity and client distributions requirements.
- Calculate portfolio investment returns, Assets under Management and fees for the designated group of portfolios.
- Quarterly investor reporting including preparation of investor statements and fee statements.
- Prepare requests for new legal entity setup, new GL accounts, report formats, and recurring journal entry roll ups within core accounting system.
- Assist independent auditors and tax consultants with annual engagements and quarterly tax estimates.
- Special projects, as required
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 2-4 Years minimum experience
- Real estate accounting background preferred
- Audit experience with a public accounting firm preferred
- CPA certification (or close to completion)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business
- Microsoft Excel required with knowledge of MRI or comparable system a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter who must be able to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to independently solve problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills