This person will be exposed to the various accounting, regulatory and business issues, including historical cost and fair value accounting.
Global Investment Manager.
• Be one of the primary liaisons between the corporate accounting group and the different business groups (i.e. – hedge funds and private equity).
• Review fund documents to understand various fund structures and economics for each vehicle (ie – management fee, incentive fee, equity interest).
• Prepare detailed accounting memorandum on transaction related activities, including consolidation accounting and revenue recognition
• Review monthly reporting packages and files provided by the business groups for reasonableness in determining whether the calculation of management fees, incentive allocation, and equity pick-up is complete and accurate.
• Prepare revenue and balance sheet analytics and provide explanations for significant variances.
• Assist with the drafting of certain financial statement footnotes and MD&A sections in quarterly and annual reports.
• Prepare and maintain internal control documentation.
• Coordinate activities of internal and external auditors and other consultants.
• Assist with various special projects on an ad hoc basis.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• BS Degree (or equivalent)
• CPA and 3-6 years of public accounting and/or private accounting experience.
• Experience with various accounting and reporting matters.
• Knowledge of the investment management or financial services industries is required.
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
• Fund Accounting experience a plus
• Working knowledge of Investran a plus
• Bright, quick learner, motivated
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Willing to “roll up sleeves”
• Flexible, self-confidence and ability to work in a dynamic environment
• Positive initiative with ability to drive projects forward