The Senior Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of accounting and reporting across a mixed portfolio of various real estate asset classes and development stages. In this capacity, the role will have the opportunity to collaborate across Accounting, Construction, Design, Development and Property Management teams to provide best-in-class accounting and financial reporting services. The ideal candidate is a highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
Real Estate Firm
• Perform monthly accounting activities, billing, collections, cash management and coordination of accounts payable.
• Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly and year-end financial work paper packages for owners, lenders and senior management, including balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis.
• Support Development, Construction, Property Management and other business teams to provide financial information, reporting and budget support, as needed.
• Prepare monthly development funding requisitions.
• Prepare annual CAM/RET reconciliations.
• Assist with quarterly and year-end tax, cash and GAAP reporting, including external audit requirements.
• Create reporting templates and formulate analysis using applications such as Excel, JD Edwards, Hubble and/or Yardi accounting software.
• Support system improvement initiatives, including streamlining and automating processes, converging accounting systems and enhancing internal controls.
• Assist with special projects and ad hoc requests.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, CPA preferred but not required
• Ideal candidate will have 2+ years of relevant accounting experience ideally focused on real estate, development and/or property accounting
• Excellent analytical skills
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
• Clear communicator with ability to interact with senior leaders
• Superior organizational skills, must be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask
• A mature professional with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Knowledge of JD Edwards or other property/development accounting software, a plus