Looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team.
- On a daily basis, prepare cash wires, journal entries, and work with treasury on corporate cash management, engaging tax and legal to ensure appropriate treatment and timely documentation of cash movements and transactions.
- Prepare and maintain supporting workpapers and roll-forward reconciliations for ~65 Corporate entities.
- Prepare journal entries based on steps memos relating to reorganizations/restructures, acquisitions/dispositions, etc. impacting various Corporate entities, and coordinate with treasury, tax, legal for support, and other impacted finance teams to determine any required changes.
- Prepare month-end/quarter-end accrual calculations and journal entries, such as loan interest, G&A expenses, compensation, amortized cost, etc.
- Coordinate monthly intracompany reconciliations to ensure all activity among the U.S. Core Office Corporate legal entities eliminates upon consolidation, such as loans, contributions, & distributions.
- Coordinate monthly intercompany confirmations with various subsidiaries, properties, and other affiliate finance teams and prepare monthly reconciliations.
- Analyze account balances and activity to facilitate preparation of quarterly financial statements submitted in connection with reporting & consolidation of parent company.
- Assist with the preparation of legal entity financial statements for tax and compliance quarterly and ad hoc requirements, including lender statements and IFRS tax provision.
- Respond to various compliance requests from internal auditors and external auditors relating to the Corporate ledgers.
- Prepare information for custody audits, ensuring relevant cash account and investment information are provided and reconciled in a timely manner
- Provide tax team with information required for the annual tax return process, including support for historical filings in the event of an audit
- Assist Senior Management on routine and special projects as needed.
- Coordinate with teams located in other regional U.S. offices, Toronto, as well as third party administrators.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years’ accounting experience
- Qualified CA or CPA
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Experience managing multiple entities with complex structures
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships and work with professionals around the organization
- Ability to handle a large volume of work with tight deadlines, and ad-hoc requests as required
- Team player with positive attitude and pro-active approach to work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to describe complex accounting concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Strategic thinker with ability to think outside the box, to improve upon existing processes or the implementation of new processes