The position will play a critical role within the accounting team for the management company in managing expense.
Roles and responsibilities within the team may vary from time to time amongst the team as well as additional ad hoc projects.
$45B AUM Private Equity Fund
• Mentoring of expenses including the auditing and coding of invoices.
• Ensure accuracy of coding of invoices and review of general ledger afterwards for proper presentation and reclasses as necessary, looking for optimal usage of the general ledger for analytical purposes
• Significant billing of receivables to various related entities, with full understanding and support of charges and their appropriate allocation
• Monthly account analysis and explanation of variances from one period to another.
• Support consolidating financial statement team with account balance explanations as necessary
• Domestic account returns due to various governmental agencies, both preparations, understanding of rules/guidelines and interpretations and timely filing
• Data requests and ad-hoc requests as well as anticipation of needs for internal clients.
• Continually being proactive in improving work flow, processes, policies, account analyses and distribution of relevant information.
• Assist in developing and mentoring team members.
Requirements / Qualifications:
The ideal candidate, while taking on significant responsibility, is willing and able to roll up their sleeves to accomplish role and department goals. Experience and qualities include, but are not limited to:
• BS in Accounting
• At least 6+ years progressive public & private accounting
• CPA helpful
• Strong team player with goals of department and firm in mind at all times
• Must be a self-starter with strong self-motivation, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities and willing to assist in team responsibilities
• Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial statement components, including accrual accounting
• Excellent computer skills, with intuitive understanding, including but not limited to Excel (including pivot tables), report generation and general ledger systems
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent work ethic
• Focused, detail oriented and quality conscious with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work with all levels of management and employees in an open team environment
• Professional services industry a strong plus