Boutique Long/Short Equity Fund looking to hire a Senior Accounting Manager to support a new and growing private investments business.
• $4B AUM
• Long/Short Equity Main Strategy
• Growing in the Bank Debt, Crypto, & Private Investments Space
• 20+ Years in Business, Very stable Environment
• Top Compensation and Benefits package; along with a great work/life balance
• Extremely low turnover, only 3 people have left in 20 years
The role will work closely with the investment team to value illiquid investments and help to build out the valuations group from scratch. The position is newly created, reports into the CFO and COO, and will play an integral role in the direction of the firm.
This role will be 100% REMOTE!
- Review the support for valuations prepared by the investment team for new and existing investments.
- Assist with updating the firm’s valuation policy
- Oversee the deliverables to independent valuation providers and assist with reviewing draft reports.
- Work with the investment team to track company milestones as it applies to valuation analysis.
- Assist the investment team with requesting and tracking information from portfolio companies as appropriate.
- Provide instructions to fund admin to properly account for private investments.
- Maintain the documentation required for the annual audit and financial statement preparation.
- Liaise between the firm and external auditors on audit inquiries related investments priced by the investment manager.
- Liaise between the firm’s teams – investment team, back and middle office – to assist in the closing process for new investments.
- Other ad-hoc assignments.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 5-10 years’ total experience
• Public Accounting, primarily focused on the audits of alternative investment clients
• Industry experience at a private equity, venture capital or hedge fund
• Familiarity and experience with GAAP fair value financial statement disclosures
• Experience with side-pocket accounting a plus