Looking for an analyst to join the team.
Top Asset Management Firm
- Actively propose and drive efficiency improvements to current processes through automation via RPA, VBA …
- Be the to go person in the team for digitalization/automation topics
- Participate in various projects/initiatives related to Derivatives Operations (Global, Regional and Local projects).
- Liaise between the Investment Desks and Service Provider, as well as Internal & External stakeholders on wide ranging derivative issues and queries.
- Ensure effective Oversight Control of Service Provider: OTC & Listed Derivatives, Collateral Management, Fixed Income, Equities, Cash Management, Reconciliation (autonomously research and resolve discrepancies taking into consideration the full investment process)
- Maintain a client focused organization, ensuring that expectations of internal and external clients are met or exceeded
- Proactively manage, challenge or escalate conflicts and issues with respective stakeholders.
- Communicate information effectively to internal, external clients and business partners. Establish and maintain effective collaborative working relationships (Portfolio Management, Distributions, IT, Risk Management…).
- Work autonomously towards achieving department objectives and/or service levels.
- Outside of the box thinking and ability to resolve complex issues/queries.
- Monitor and enforce risk controls to ensure they are being followed and maintained on a daily basis.
- Ensure appropriate metrics are captured to effectively monitor business processes and service levels.
- Work with the team to keep procedures accurate and up to date for all processes within the group as well as cross training with other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
Education / Experience
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Middle Office operations
- Previous participations in projects / initiatives as SME, Business Analyst or Project Manager
- Experience in management of outsourced activities & provider monitoring
- Competency with investment industry related processes and securities; including Derivatives (OTC and Listed), Equity, Fixed Income.
- Understanding of full trade life cycle including awareness of middle and back office functions / processes and their touch points with the front office and downstream
- Solid understanding of the data required to support functions within the investment process – both in the Back and the Middle Office areas
- Experienced in digitalization through RPA, VBA …
- Excellent automation skills (VBA and/or other languages …)
- Creative and hands-on, ready to think outside the box and add input / challenge to improve and simplify existing workflows
- Thorough understanding of MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent people skills and excellent communicator; must be able to effectively communicate to various levels (management, investments, sales/client service, outside business partners)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Driver and self-motivated
- Positive, cooperative work attitude
- Client focused
- Be receptive and open to change
- Calm under pressure
- Problem spotter and solver – Ability to resolve complex problems and delivery focused
- Strong team player in a Global and Regional environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, organized, methodical
- Demonstrate leadership ability
- Experience with Bloomberg AIM