Looking for a Senior Director to join the Finance and Accounting team.
Global growth equity firm
- Manage the company’s supplier portfolio by analyzing spend by category, geography, sector, and vendor to ensure transparency and consistency of spending. Identify opportunities to reduce spending.
- Build and maintain strong network with service providers while continually scouting and assessing additional/alternative vendors.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies by category (e.g. consulting, legal, office supplies, couriers, food services).
- Research and anticipate shifts in negotiating power of suppliers. Perform scenario analysis and benchmarking exercises to recommend actions that can help optimize total spend while maintaining or improving level of service.
- Cooperate with stakeholders across multiple functions in the firm to ensure appropriate T&Cs are applied and payment process is effective.
- Ensure GA accounts payable transactions are processed accurately and on time.
- Evaluate existing accounts payable process and recommend enhancements to reduce cycle times and manual touch points while maintaining a strong, high quality process.
- Drive governance and maintain controls to ensure invoices tie to purchase orders, negotiated rates, and other key terms and conditions as applicable.
- Assess and improve general terms and conditions as needed based on market trends and business dynamics including cash management opportunities.
- Monitor payment processing and escalate potential delays/concerns to ensure proper resolution, and timely payment of all invoices.
- Manage the payables accounting processes including account maintenance, recording entries, and reconciling books of records. Collaborate across the finance teams on intercompany processes.
- Drive efficiencies by assessing potential technology solutions and process redesign where appropriate to improve procurement and payables processes.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Accounting or Finance preferred. Demonstrated strong academic performance and leadership skills developed through experience.
- 10+ years of experience in a manager role in procurement/accounts payable. Prior experience in financial services and/or private equity industry is preferred.
- Experience analyzing, negotiating, and monitoring vendor agreements.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven accounting and financial capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing off-shore teams preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Willingness to lead analysts and execute job functions are required.
- Experience with Workday general ledger and software solutions associated with procurement processes preferred.