The Senior GP Accountant is responsible for maintaining the financial information for this company’s general partner entities, as well the preparation of quarterly reporting and other deliverables for Partners, Principals and Vice Presidents.
The firm’s unique, globally integrated partnership ensures that all of our resources are committed to the success of each portfolio company. Regardless of an investment’s stage of development, industry focus or geography — the right people, with the right experience, are available to every entrepreneur and management team.
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements and allocations files of General Partner entities and other carried interest vehicles
- Preparation and review of quarterly reporting to internal Partners, Principals and Vice-Presidents
- Facilitation of capital call automation program for professionals in cooperation with lending banks
- Preparation of cash planning analyses and forecasts for CFO and executive management
- Coordination with Investor Services team regarding transaction correspondence and quarterly reporting
- Preparation of ad-hoc requests from:
- current and former carried interest participants
- external parties (ex: tax advisors, attorneys, financial planners, etc.)
- internal parties (CFO, Fund Accounting, Tax Accounting, Legal Group, etc.)
- Supervision and support of year-end external audits
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 3-4 years of experience (experience as audit team senior strongly preferred)
- BS in Accounting required (CPA preferred)
- Strong understanding of accounting principles (experience with investment company accounting preferred)
- Detail-oriented, quality-conscious, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Will communicate with investment professionals and other company teams on sensitive matters
- Experience generating or reviewing partnership financial statements and partner allocations is preferred
- Excellent MS Excel and analytical skills are essential.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employees in an open team environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate self-motivation, ownership of assigned work, and ability to work autonomously when necessary