Global Asset Management Firm is searching for a Senior Management Company Accountant to join the growing NYC team!
NYC based Global Asset Management Firm is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team in the New York office. They are looking for a proactive, productive and ambitious individual; who possesses a hands on approach mentality. The individual should also be able to work independently and also in a team oriented environment.
- Global Investment manager operating worldwide across 13 global markets
- Hybrid work schedule – 3 days in office, 2 days WFH
- Fully paid for benefits, 401K with company match, generous PTO policy
- Small team – Tons of exposure!!
Ideal candidates will have 2-5 years of Audit experience with Venture Capital / Private Equity client exposure.
- Assist with the preparation of consolidated financial statements with supporting analysis
- Assist with the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close procedures.
- Assist with the year-end audit and tax filings (including quarterly tax estimate filings).
- Assist with preparing ad-hoc reports for senior management and headquarters.
- Review or calculate management fees earned.
- Review contracts and agreements.
- Assist with the Alternative Investments reporting process.
- General ledger maintenance.
- Improve workflow processes and procedures.
- Research and resolve account reconciling items.
- Assist with both accounts payable and receivables when necessary.
- Assist with cash management and reporting process.
- Cross train in the Staff Accountant’s functions and fill in the role as needed.
- Support other team members as necessary.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA license or all exam parts passed preferred.
- 2-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in financial services.
- Audit and tax experience preferred.
- Consolidation of financial statement experience is required.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management to maximize results.
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 Business Central is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Word.
- Must be proactive and takes initiative.