Now hiring Senior Treasury Analyst!
A private, family-owned company that operates and invests in a broad range of media, communications, technology and education businesses globally. We are committed to building value over the long-term by fostering growth and innovation.
- Manage daily cash desk
- Knowledge of banking and finance rules and concepts to prepare accurate, comprehensive cash forecasts for the various A/N companies covering daily positions
- Utilize knowledge of banking system rules to independently reconcile and troubleshoot prior day’s cash activity. Troubleshooting will involve independent problem-solving skills to quickly identify and resolve issues involving missing cash receipts and/or disbursements.
- Independently determine daily cash position through data retrieval via various proprietary electronic banking systems, collecting receipt and disbursement transactions from appropriate internal /external sources. Have full understanding of banking rules around lockbox receipts, controlled disbursements, ACHS and wire transfers.
- Ability to develop cash allocation after daily cash position is established. Cash allocation will require knowledge on assessing bank counterparty credit risk, an understanding of money market instruments and their risks and returns, and proper diversification on bank holdings for each A/N company, and holistically.
- Ability to independently develop comprehensive longer-term cash forecasts for each A/N company
- Develop plans for future cash allocation using developed cash forecasts and a deep understanding of bank counterpart risk and money markets.
Other responsibilities include:
- Prepare the monthly investment report and forecast earnings; prepare reports and presentations for the investment committee
- Track minority investments and capital calls
- Assist with pension-related tasks
- Execute wires via the GTreasury workstation
- Complete documentation on new banking relationships (KYC)
- Monitor cash, fixed income and equity investments to maximize yield on excess cash, asset allocation, portfolio performance, counterparty risk, policy compliance, and fees
- Monitor capital markets
- Monitor investment holdings using Bloomberg, investment manager portals and custody systems
- Coordinate quarterly investment manager review meetings
- Assist with various projects, process improvement, and automation efforts
- Maintain bank fee database
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2-3 years Treasury/Finance experience
- Experience with investing in bank and equity products
- Understanding of fixed income markets and products, global economies and credit markets
- Understanding of counter party risk management using CDS and credit ratings
- Knowledge of cash management operations and banking regulations
- Familiarity with electronic banking platforms, Treasury Management System (TMS), Bloomberg
- Ability to take initiative, effectively problem solve, and work independently
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong oral and written communications; excellent attention to detail