Looking for a Director to join the Finance and Accounting team.
Global growth equity firm
- Maintain the Company’s travel and entertainment policy. Ensure periodic reviews and updates are executed through coordination with key stakeholders including the Company’s Finance and Human Resources teams.
- Enforce adherence to the Company’s travel and entertainment policy through frequent audits of employee expense reports.
- Monitor accuracy of T&E reporting, including spend categories, to ensure accurate reporting and allocation.
- Develop and maintain monthly reporting package to provide visibility to senior management on spending behaviors across the Company’s segments.
- Manage off-shore team of 3 – 6 to drive effective approval and auditing processes of expense reports, including compliance with types of expenses allowed under the Company’s policy and classification of expenses across various categories (e.g. internal, deal related, etc.). Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Prepare reports for monthly expenses to be allocated to key stakeholders including limited partners. Drive accuracy and review processes with internal and external audit periodically as well as regulators as required.
- Manage relationship with all travel and entertainment service providers including credit card company, airlines, private aviation program managers, hotel chains, travel agencies and advisors to ensure proactive assessment of opportunities and effectively address potential challenges as they arise. This includes periodic assessment of rates to identify opportunities to reduce costs.
- Maintain T&E training documentation for employees. Deliver training periodically to new employees and to broader audiences as required.
- Interact with employees to address ad-hoc questions/concerns around travel and entertainment policy and guidelines.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Accounting or Finance preferred. Demonstrated strong academic performance and leadership skills developed through experience.
- 8+ years of experience in Finance and Accounting including experience with Travel and Entertainment expense analysis. Prior experience in financial services and/or private equity industry is desired.
- Experience dealing with investor allocations for T&E expense strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven accounting and financial capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing off-shore teams preferred.
- Willingness to lead analysts and execute job functions are required.
- Experience with Workday Expense module preferred.