Investment management firm seeks a Valuation Analyst!
- NY based Investment Management firm
- Over $15 billion in firm assets under management
- Focus on CLOs, Municipals, Asset-Based Securities, and Private Healthcare
In this role, the Valuation Analyst will be critical in providing controls and expertise around the valuation of all positions in our portfolio.
• The Valuation Analyst will work closely with portfolio managers, traders, risk management, operations, auditors, fund administrators, and counterparties to ensure complete and proper valuations.
• The primary focus of the role will be on the pricing of liquid positions across a wide variety of asset classes, including sourcing, analyzing, and ultimately verifying pricing.
• Work with portfolio managers to ensure accurate valuation of illiquid securities and review material developments.
• Investigate data issues within internal pricing systems, gain an understanding of where data is sourced and how data is stored.
• Work with 3rd party pricing vendors and valuation agents to source prices and valuations.
• Work with our fund administrator to ensure valuations are appropriate.
• Interface with our auditors and demonstrate the key controls that are in place and the documentation that exists around asset valuations.
• Participate in information gathering and presentation for the purposes of regulatory filings.
• Consistently seek opportunities to improve processes, controls and procedures.
• Work closely with the PnL and Illiquid teams to troubleshoot valuation issues on a daily and monthly basis.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 2-5 years experience.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a top tier institution.
- Exposure to credit and structured finance products preferred.
- Quantitative background and the ability to work with and generate complex spreadsheets and other analytical tools.
- Strong Excel skills required; experience with macros, SQL, CapIQ, Bloomberg is a plus but not required.
- Exceptional process management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize numerous different work streams and manage the expectations of different stakeholders appropriately.