Top investment group is seeking a Valuations Associate within its Credit Funds business!
Our firm is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with over $40 billion of assets under management. We manage assets on behalf of approximately 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone – we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term.
Our investment company is seeking a Valuations Associate within its Credit Funds business. The associate will cover public or private valuations for investments in real estate, corporate debt & securities, structured finance products, and private equity investments.
• Assist in the monthly valuation of the Credit Funds’ investments.
• Coordinate the receipt of monthly valuations from pricing vendors, brokers and asset managers.
• Review quotes from brokers and pricing vendors and hold discussions with trading desk to monitor the reasonableness of quotes received.
• Review internal valuations with asset managers to understand movements in valuations.
• Assist in the on-going analysis of the portfolio by tracking significant events for each asset, reviewing valuation models, key assumptions and cash flow projections.
• Compile valuations and supporting information and prepare summary packages to be reviewed by senior management and pricing committee.
• Develop strong relationships and effective lines of communication with colleagues and third parties (including Credit Funds senior management, asset management, fund accounting, auditors, and third-party valuation agents)
Requirements / Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of relevant experience preferably with a Valuation background or Credit Markets experience.
• Bright, quick learner, reliable, self-motivated
• Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as work closely with fellow team members in a collaborative environment
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
• Working knowledge of Bloomberg and Wall Street Office is preferred
• Background in cashflow modeling is a plus