Top Performing Private Equity Fund in NYC is looking to a hire within the Tax Space!!
$40B AUM Private Equity Fund
8:30am – 5:30pm Hours
Fully Paid Benefits
Position: Tax Accountant
This position provides an opportunity to learn about tax accounting and tax compliance process within the private equity industry while working closely within the Tax Accounting team and your peers in other operating groups.
– Help maintain tax trial balances by creating and reviewing adjusting journal entries for various transactions throughout the year.
– Confirm K-1/K-3 Allocation workpapers prepared by our tax advisors accurately report the anticipated taxable income and correct allocation by partner.
– Review K-1s/K-3s to confirm the footnotes reported are correct and the amounts reported tie to K-1/K-3 Allocation workpaper.
– Assist with the review of forms 1042 and 1042S.
– Help manage the tax compliance process for all partnership and corporate
– Coordinate responses to limited partners’ questions about tax reporting.
– Regularly update weekly fund projection files that are used for GP tax estimates.
– Participate in preparation of year-end tax estimate letters for limited partners.
– Manage State Tax Notices received and propose a practical resolution.
– Help estimate and pay tax liabilities for partnership and corporate entities.
– Collaborate with members of all operating groups on internal processes for daily
transactions such as opening bank accounts for new entities.
Requirements / Qualifications:
– 1-2 years of relevant tax experience in either public accounting
– BS in Accounting required.
– The appropriate candidate for this position should have strong organizational, communication and analytical skills, very detailed oriented and is able to prioritize and perform within a dynamic environment.