Great Opportunity with a Brooklyn based Hedge Fund!
Boutique Hedge Fund with $1 Billion+ in Assets Under Management (Up 17%+ Year to Date) with a current opening that reports directly to the firm’s COO!
• Monthly close of management company books.
• Maintain budget and forecasts for the management company.
• Maintain tax books and records, including assisting general partners with tax planning and managing the relationship with tax service providers.
• Manage payments/invoicing with vendors and counterparties.
• Assist with monthly close of funds’ books to validate fund NAV calculations prepared by the fund administrator.
• Manage fund and management company K-1 & K-3s, 1099 filings, and fund and management company tax filings, including ad hoc tax-related queries from investors.
• Assist in year-end fund audit and fund financial statements.
• Interact with senior management on various ad-hoc analyses
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
• 4-6 years of experience at a public accounting firm and private buy-side investment manager (strong preference for direct investment management experience).
• Knowledge of management company accounting, management company taxes, fund accounting, and fund taxes.
• Experience auditing hedge funds, doing tax compliance for hedge funds and/or experience in-house at investment firm.
• Superior communications skills, particularly in written communications.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, inclusive of an ability to juggle multiple projects of varying priorities, across business segments and geographies, and to drive them all to completion without supervision.
• Ability to work both individually and collaboratively.
• Ownership mentality and an entrepreneurial approach to work.
• Experience with the Microsoft Suite required; experience with Quickbooks and Tableau a plus.