Seeking to hire an experienced accounting professional to join the team in downtown Chicago. The candidate will report directly to the Managing Partner and would work closely with the accounting and finance teams.
Drive success to the operations and administration on a global basis.
• Manage the day to day oversight for key relationships with global best in class service providers (fund administration, external valuations service provider, public accounting firm).
• Working with the investment teams, finance teams, and external fund administrator to process capital calls, distributions, wire transfers, and investor updates.
• Provide review and oversight to work completed by the fund administrator.
• Support the investment teams as needed with a flexible ability to work effectively with third party property managers, operating partners, joint venture executives and lenders.
• Support the investment teams in deal funding operations.
• Provide support to the investment teams on reviewing fund accounting and tax considerations for international investments.
• Provide support in data maintenance for portfolio investments.
• Provide support with special projects including preparing slides, maintaining dashboards, and providing ad-hoc reporting.
• Oversee the review of quarterly valuation analysis and play a key role on the valuation committee.
• Oversee the review of quarterly GAAP financial statements and Limited Partner reporting packages prepared by fund administrator.
• Provide support to the finance teams in annual financial statement audits and tax filings.
• Aid in required regulatory filings.
• Support the accounts payable function to review and allocate incoming invoices for payment.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 10-12 years of experience in public accounting, industry fund accounting experience in real estate at an investment manager, relevant experience at a global fund administration firm
• Technical expertise in closed and open-ended fund structures, REITs, real estate accounting experience (operating/non-operating models/equity pickup models/fair value accounting) required
• Technical knowledge regarding investment valuations under Investment company accounting guidance
• Has tax knowledge and experience specific to real estate investments and fund structures
• International experience is a plus
• Experience in software packages such as Yardi is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree with concentration in business/accounting/economics/finance
• Superior Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Superior communication skills, oral and written
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment to drive success to support our rapidly growing platform
• The candidate should be highly motivated, self-driven, have strong work ethic, and should be solution and detail oriented
• CPA is required, NCREIF membership/familiarity is a plus