Prominent REIT looking to hire a Staff Accountant for it’s Controllers team!
Prominent REIT that has a global portfolio.
- Assist various members of the accounting group with ad hoc account analyses and reporting requests
- Record recurring monthly and quarterly journal entries for various processes
- Prepare variance analysis and detailed commentary for income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Analyze intercompany and related-party transactions and perform supporting reconciliations
- Assist in preparing supporting schedules for auditors and responding to audit inquiries
- Analyze and prepare journal entries for certain transactions
- Assist in the quarter end close and consolidation process
Requirements / Qualifications:
- BS/BA in Accounting; Masters and/or CPA a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills, advanced Microsoft Excel