Key Responsibilities Responsible for the execution, settlement, accounting treatment and reporting for real estate investments. This includes communication and coordination with the investment team, fund administrators, internal counsel, and other infrastructure groups to acquire a deep understanding of each transaction. This is utilized in preparation of complex trade entries which ensures clerical accuracy, adequate controls,… >>>
Leading global alternative asset management firm providing investment products in a range of areas including multi-strategy, credit and real estate. With offices in New York, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, the Company serves global clients through commingled funds, separate accounts and specialized products.
- Responsible for the execution, settlement, accounting treatment and reporting for real estate investments. This includes communication and coordination with the investment team, fund administrators, internal counsel, and other infrastructure groups to acquire a deep understanding of each transaction. This is utilized in preparation of complex trade entries which ensures clerical accuracy, adequate controls, and appropriate support documentation.
- Review profit & loss analytics on real estate investments for the Real Estate Funds and prepare quarterly investment performance track records which are utilized in the reporting package distributed to investors.
- Daily reconciliation of Fund accounts and respective SPVs.
- Responsible for preparation and review of the Funds’ monthly close process which includes review of accruals, fund allocations, investor incentive allocations/carry and waterfalls, as applicable, and reconciliation to 3rd party administrator. Collaboration with internal Infrastructure groups such as Financial Reporting, Valuations, Fund Operations, Investor Reporting, Compliance, Tax, Investor Relations is imperative to support quarterly NAV close process.
- Responsible for the accounting and operational maintenance of SPVs utilized for private investments. This includes liaising with foreign administrators for coordination and review of statuary audits, and management of SPVs accounts payable.
- Assist in the maintenance, compilation and/or review of selected portfolio data, which are disclosed in the NTR’s SEC filings.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Real Estate Funds’ financial statements in accordance with ASC 946, “Investment Companies” and NTR’s consolidated financial statements (i.e., Forms 10-K/Qs) under the historical GAAP basis of accounting. This includes coordination with the Funds’ external auditor to facilitate quarterly or interim reviews and year end audit requests.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Qualifications: Required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Approximately 2-4 years of financial accounting/reporting and/or audit experience in publicly or nonpublicly traded REITs, private real estate companies and/or private equity entities that invest in traditional and non-traditional real estate such as office, retail, industrial, residential, ski resorts, hotels, and golf resorts, among others.
- Strong knowledge of historical GAAP and investment company accounting, partnership accounting and the investor capital allocations process
- Experience in Private or Real Estate Investment transaction operations and accounting
- Knowledge of fund investor capital and profit & loss allocations process including calculation of Fund Waterfalls.
- Proficiency in working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- CPA License
- Knowledge of Geneva/Advent /Workiva