This is a reverse mortgage lender, backed by a PE firm, that is looking to add a Controller. The Controller will oversee all aspects of accounting and finance for the firm. The position pays well, will offer a ton of exposure, and will oversee a group of 7-8 accountants. They are currently fully remote!
- Manage and direct financial statement close, review and preparation process to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting in line with all GAAP, FASB, SEC, and investor requirements, including balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flow.
- Oversee indirectly all day-to-day accounting, reporting, and tax functions including, Corporate Accounting, Accounts Payable, Incentive Compensation, Staff Accountants, Tax, Technical Accounting, and cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed, including warehouse and buyout facilities.
- Manage the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements and reports for annual, quarterly, and periodic reporting requirements, including financial statements, footnotes and Management’s Discussion and Analysis. Manage and continuously improve the company-wide accounting / consolidation close process to ensure accurate accounting in an efficient and timely manner.
- Manage the preparation of internal financial statements and collaborate on the preparation of management reports and related analyses for use by the executive management team and other constituents including, but not limited to, reviewing the preparation of actual variances versus financial budget and forecasts.
- Continuously engage with IA/SOX teams to ensure proper internal controls exist within accounting division and implement changes as necessary.
Requirements / Qualifications:
10+ Years of Public AND Industry Accounting Experience
SEC Reporting Experience Required
Financial Services Experience Required