This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key player in the build out of a prominent fund’s Family Office.
Manage book and tax accounting work streams for partner investment vehicles
Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the partner vehicle investments
Manage external administrator relationships
Own book and tax investor allocations processes with administrator and PWC.
IRR reporting (fund and partner level)
Quarterly taxable income projections, tax accruals, and state withholding tax estimates
Year-end K-1s and partner’s outside book vs. tax basis tracking
Review various tax adjustments (wash sales, straddles, OID, market discount, bond netting, distressed debt, 1256 MTM and flow-through investments) prepared by PWC
Request, review and sign off book financials, K1s, foreign, federal and state income tax returns for partner vehicles and partner vehicle owned domestic and foreign SPVs & JVs
Work with PWC and internal tax team to timely resolve federal and state tax notices issued to the partner vehicles or partners in such vehicles
Monitor and facilitate liquidity for partner vehicles working closely with the administrator, Family Office Director of Financial Planning and IR Ops team.
Drive financial reporting for the partner vehicles and injunction with the Family Office Director of Financial Planning in the preparation of comprehensive partner reporting
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to understand Ops, Accounting, and IR Ops functions
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Strong Excel skills
- Understanding of return calculations/metrics; knowledge of VPM and opportunity zones a plus
- CPA preferred
- Investment partnership tax compliance background required; experience in a fund or family office a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify issues