Looking for a Senior Accountant/Assistant Controller to join our team.
Private family office/investment company
- Bookkeeping for various investment entities and the management company.
- Collaboration with the external tax professionals in preparation of tax filings for partnerships, management company, individuals, and trusts, including preparing all workpapers and supporting schedules and reviewing all tax returns, estimates and preparing annual 1099s.
- Research tax issues and assess the impact on firm’s current and future strategies.
- Process and record all accounts payable, including obtaining and documenting approvals, researching and resolving issues with vendors.
- Review all credit card charges, save receipts, and enter them in the GL system.
- Manage and track existing investments.
- Preparation of periodic performance reports and financial statements.
- Assist in preparation of reports and materials for Quarterly and Annual Meetings.
- Assist the Family Office Controller on the family related tasks as needed.
- Ad-hoc analyses and projects.
- Trade booking and reconciliation.
- Treasury function involving monitoring and managing cash and setting up cash movements (in cluding wires).
- Prepare capital calls and distributions, as necessary.
- Participate in improvement and implementation of internal financial controls.
- Identify areas for process enhancements and automation.
- Maintain the internal network drive, including consistent saving all of investment documents, K 1s, invoices, etc.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA is strongly preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in public/private accounting (hedge fund/family office exposure a plus).
- Experience with investment related tax issues a plus.
- Highly professional demeanor, strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Team player with a well-organized ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and become a reliable member of the team.
- Proven record of handling proprietary information with discretion.
- Strong technical skills: Excel, Word, and Outlook; knowledge of QuickBooks preferred.