Directly support the CFO of this thriving Global Macro / Multi-Strategy Hedge Fund!
Multi-Billion Dollar and globally diversified Master-Feeder utilizing a multi-manager, multi-strategy approach, investing in liquid strategies with the aim of achieving attractive risk-adjusted returns with low correlation to major markets. The firm maintains its headquarters in NYC with subsidiaries in London, Paris and Singapore.
The Controller will manage the accounting activities of the organization, including the preparation of financials statements, expense reporting, forecasts, and projects as necessary.
• Maintain Financials for Management Company, GP, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
▪ Maintain books and records for parent company, subsidiaries and lease holding entities
▪ Manage Fund expenses and allocations
▪ The firm utilizes a full pass-through expense reimbursement process in lieu of management fees which entails a high-level of detailed reporting to various parties.
▪ Lead annual financial audit process
▪ Manage accounts payable function
▪ Manage team of three staff members
▪ Manage allocation of expenses to Portfolio Managers and track profitability and compensation.
▪ Coordinate vendor services and contracts with various departments
▪ Maintain expense allocation rules – shared items, general allocations
• Coordinate and implement accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
• Financial Planning and Analysis
Tax Compliance – Coordinate and assist in filing various returns.
▪ Federal and State Income taxes
▪ NYC Commercial Rent and UBT
▪ State Sales and Use Tax – multiple states
▪ International tax for foreign subsidiaries and monthly calculation for fund NAV purpose
Deferred Compensation tracking and reporting:
▪ Maintain balances for employee payables
▪ Maintain balances for receivables from fund
▪ Produce quarterly employee deferred compensation reports
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 10 years+ accounting/operations experience at buy-side hedge fund
• Public accounting experience and CPA preferred
• Experience in managerial roles with clear leadership ability
• Proven experience increasing efficiency through system automation
• Experience with multi-entity, multi-currency general ledger, including consolidations
• Strong working knowledge using MS Excel (e.g. macros, vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
• Strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of projects and tasks assigned