The position reports to Tax Senior Manager and requires the oversight of junior accountants. Requires extensive coordination with outside accountants, tax consultants and preparers at all levels. In addition, will be exposed to various investment and advisory groups with a focus on tax related projects/responsibilities.
The firm’s unique, globally integrated partnership ensures that all of our resources are committed to the success of each portfolio company. Regardless of an investment’s stage of development, industry focus or geography — the right people, with the right experience, are available to every entrepreneur and management team.
- Work closely with various outside tax advisors to manage the on going tax planning, record management, allocation procedures and other compliance processes including reviewing workpapers for all partnership tax filings.
- Perform interim year partnership projections and allocation to assist the firm’s partners with making quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Manage US reporting of foreign investments and US investments by non-US citizens.
- Responsible for maintaining a tax calendar or multi-tired partnership structure.
- Calculate and track book/tax differences and maintain tax basis trail balances for various corporate and partnership entities.
- Respond to tax authority requests
- As quickly as possible, gain a total understanding of the various business processes and related organizational structures.
- Ensure that there is a complete document trail for tracking tax attributes for complex multi-tiered partnership structure.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Must have relevant tax experience with heavy concentration in domestic partnership taxation and a working understanding of international aspects.
- CPA, graduate degree or other significant academic accomplishments preferred.
- 5+ years of tax experience in either public accounting and/or a combination of both public and private experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have effective communication skills to be able to present and discuss complex tax ideas to many individuals in the organization and among its advisors.
- Good writing skills are also essential.