The Accounting Department is currently comprised of 28 individuals with responsibility for a broad range of functions, including: fund accounting; operations; position, P&L and exposure reporting; valuation; risk management design and reporting; and liquidity management.
Alternative investment management firm.
This individual will be responsible for the books and records of various European entities, including the preparation of interim and year-end trial balances and reconciliation to 3rd party administrators.
This individual will be responsible for monitoring entities’ compliance with statistical reporting to government agencies as well as other ad hoc third party reporting, as applicable.
The position involves heavy interaction with multiple groups across the Firm including the Front Office, Operations, Legal and Tax.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 4-8 years total work experience, additional experience as an accountant, auditor, or paralegal preferred
- Solid understanding of debits and credits
- Strong excel and analytical skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be highly motivated and able to work in team environment
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- IFRS knowledge preferred, but not required
- Some knowledge of Funds accounting preferred but not required
- Degree in Accounting preferred
- Financial product knowledge, including fixed income instruments, preferred but not required