Awesome Opportunity with one of the top Fin Tech firm’s and the client is often referred to as the “Google” of the Hedge Fund industry and has an immediate opening for a Senior Fund Accountant!
Some cool selling points / perks of the firm:
- Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days
- 20+ Years in Business and ZERO down years
- Great work/life balance including a permanent hybrid model of three days per week in the office.
This highly collaborative environment and role will include the following responsibilities:
- Review and approve the daily, weekly and monthly NAVs prepared by the administrator
- Contribute to the annual audit. Prepare financial statements and audit workpapers (including consolidation accounting)
- Coordinate with the Tax team and tax preparer on periodic tax filings and reporting including K-1s and tax estimates
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to external parties including investors, counterparties and regulators
- Maintain cash controls
- Liaise with full service fund administrator and shadow administrator daily
- Identify areas for improvements and efficiencies; streamline processes.
- Lead impactful projects
- Collaborate with various teams throughout the organization to support the firm’s initiatives including the launch of new businesses and funds
Requirements / Qualifications:
Targeting candidates with a Public + Private mix and approximately 5-8 years of Fund Accounting and prior Audit experience at a Big-4 Public Accounting Firm. CPA is required.