Leading REIT in NYC seeking Assistant Controller!
- $40B AUM
• Investments across commercial, industrial, hotel, and residential properties
• 30+ Years in Business
• Typical Day: 8:30am – 6:00pm!!
• Great culture, young and fast paced environment
• High employee retention rate – position open due to someone being promoted/moved internally
• Small accounting team
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting of direct real estate investments, complex joint ventures, and the associated consolidations and reporting.
- Effectively manage team of portfolio accountants
- Review closing entries for asset acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
- Review quarterly consolidation, financial report, and client reporting.
- Manage year-end audit and financial statement preparation.
- Responsible for debt compliance, including the analysis of loan documents to ensure that the reporting and compliance requirements are met.
- Work with the firm’s corporate accounting and performance measurement teams to assist with the calculation of the firm’s performance metrics, the corporate budget, and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with internal asset management and portfolio management teams.
- Work closely with third party service providers (audit firms, tax preparers, legal counsel).
- Handle investor requests, interacting with clients both directly and indirectly.
Requirements / Qualifications: