Public Accountants – Beat the Busy Season that’s quickly approaching with this hybrid role of Valuation & Fund Accounting work!
Highly successful Global Macro Hedge Fund with AUM in excess of $10 Billion! The firm offers a truly collaborative, dynamic and interaction environment that encourages the free flow of ideas, promotes career development and offers world class benefits! The firm is also at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers.
- Develop valuation models for private investments using company financials, board information, and market data etc.
- Prepare, present, and support fair value recommendations to Pricing Committee
- Coordinate with third party providers (e.g. fund administrator and valuation firms) for accounting and valuation matters
- Monitor the investments within portfolio and assist in data management with regards to the valuation process
- Support marketing team/other departments with data collection, ad-hoc requests, and responding to inquiries from investors
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial statements
- Collaborate with broader team on management of the firm’s multiple investment vehicles
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task time across time sensitive deliverables and project work
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance preferred.
- 2-4 years’ of experience preferred ideally supporting Private Equity and/or Hedge Funds
- Licensed CPA is preferred
- Financial modeling experience is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel