We’re looking to hire someone to join the tax department and be involved with all aspects of tax, especially compliance for over 25 hedge fund structures which include Master Feeders, Mini-Masters, side-by-side, and other SPVs designed to hold real estate and private equity deals. The role will also include helping on special projects such as FATCA/CRS.
This company is an employee owned, global asset management firm that specializes in opportunities across the credit universe in sectors such as high yield bonds, leveraged loans, distressed debt, structured products, emerging markets, private equity and credit-themed equities.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate should have experience: either public accounting specifically in the hedge fund/private equity space with an understanding of the industry or a mix of public and private or a fund administrator.
- The candidate should have a strong background with tax compliance for investment partnerships as well as a working knowledge of hedge fund structures and the tax issues facing hedge funds.
- General experience and/or understanding of
- Aggregate allocations and/or waterfall allocations
- Tax accounting for financial products such as swaps and options.
- Common tax adjustments such as wash sales and straddles
- K-1 and PFIC reporting
- Preparing and reviewing tax workpapers, allocations and returns for investment partnerships including 1065s, 1042s, 8865s, 8621s, and various state and local returns.
- Management company and corporate tax experience a plus
- International and/or US corporate compliance is a plus.
- Bachelors degree required
- 4-8 years of experience
- Candidate should be highly motivated, detail oriented, has the ability to work as a team but also research issues independently and is highly proficient in excel
- Ability to multi-task and takes a hands on approach with their work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills