Leading global investment management firm is seeking an Operations Analyst.
A leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $41.5 billion of assets under management. We manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies.
- Support all operational aspects of the trade lifecycle post execution: trade capture, confirmation, clearing, settlement, reconciliations, corporate actions, proxy voting, etc.
- Book daily trading activity, and setup and maintain security masters in Wall Street Office
- Coordinating with fund administrators and outside service providers to ensure proper trade instruction has been transmitted to the fund’s prime brokers and custodians
- Ensure timely settlements, with a proactive approach to identification of settlement breaks, escalation and remediation of issues
- Researching daily trade related cash and position reconciliation exceptions in fund level and SPV bank accounts
- Resolving daily cash and position exceptions between fund administrator, counterparty and our internal books and records
- Ensure corporate actions and proxy votes are submitted prior to deadlines, book related restructuring activity in Wall Street Office, maintain proxy calendar, coordinate with asset management on voting options, etc.
- Daily interaction with various internal departments such as Accounting, Treasury, Valuations, and IT
- Daily interaction with trading desk and asset managers to ensure accurate positions are reflected on our books and records, identify and resolve any issues, etc.
- Participate in a broad range of operational projects, and assist with ad hoc reporting and other requests for management / front office personnel
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Strong Excel and Bloomberg skills
- Outstanding attention to detail with the ability to identify errors and recommend process enhancements
- A willingness to learn and work independently as well as within a group
- Thrives in a fast paced dynamic environment with the ability to manage time effectively while still meeting deadlines
- Proven at managing processes with various levels of automation, and ability to re-engineer manual processes with a focus on automation
- Proven communicator – written, verbal, and presentation
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Proactive and highly motivated
- Assertive personality that is able to grasp detailed concepts quickly and operate within a collaborative and time sensitive environment
- Possess organizational skills with the ability to prioritize while working under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, accommodating varying levels of volume without deterioration in quality
- Proficiency in:
- Listed Equities (domestic and international)
- Asset Backed Securities
- Corporate Bonds
- Convertible Bonds
- Listed Options and Warrants