This role is at a $7Bn Credit/distressed hedge fund with a 15 year track record which is growing AUM at a rapid pace.
Niche focused role that is focused on prime brokerage financing and treasury. Reports directly to The CFO.
• Booking and allocating trades, tracking and clearing breaks with our prime broker, helping produce compliance reports (13F and Form PF), fielding borrow requests, ad-hoc requests for trading history, credit information, proxy and voting materials, physical settlements, corporate actions, IRR calculations, yield analysis of our short positions, aiding accounting in accrual checks and breaks (mid-month; end of month), obtaining month end pricing from Markit.
• Booking of all cash activity and transfers in the GL system, performing daily cash reconciliation and balance reconciliation in SS&C Recon with the prime broker, performing manual cash reconciliation of all SPV and OTC accounts, and help to reconcile all cash breaks with the administrator at month-end.
• Booking of credit activity (paydowns, drawdowns, PIK, commitment decreases, reorganizations), bank debt closings (distressed and par), performing position and market value reconciliation with our third party administrator, and review of re-orgs with analysts and accounting.
• Obtaining and documenting allocation rationale from trading, integration and testing of a new automated allocation system, attend quarterly allocation committee to review allocations with trading and compliance, help update the firm allocation policy as needed.
• Priced the portfolio nightly with the trader, produced and distributed attribution and performance package.
Requirements / Qualifications:
Seeking 2-5 years experience
Anyone with VPM software, cash recs, bank debt experience (+)