Top Hedge Fund is seeking to hire an Assistant Controller.
• Multi-Strategy Hedge Fund with several billion dollars in AUM
• Work closely with the Fund Controller on daily team supervision and project organization
• Collaborate with Middle Office on the review of daily PnL as well as preparing and reviewing internal day-to-day NAV reporting
• Coordinate and project manage IT development projects on the Finance development list
• Review of month end close packages from the administrator along with preparing and overseeing the completion of internal shadow allocations and expense accruals.
• Work closely with Operations team to assist in month end reconciliations with the administrator
• Support IR team on ad hoc and monthly investor requests, DDQ responses.
• Work closely with the Fund Controller and Assistant General Counsel on the review of fund and investor documents
• Assist in the negotiation of investor side letters and MFNs
• Coordinate the accounting aspects of new fund launches, including participating in the fund structuring and account opening process as well as both internal meetings and investor calls throughout the launch
• Coordinate with the Management Company Accountants on management fee and incentive forecasts
• Review of audited financials and fund tax preparation (K-1, Federal + State filings)
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills
• Experience with and ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables at one time: plan, document and coordinate projects as well as ensuring the team makes continuous progress, hits planned deadlines and ultimately delivers on the final results
• Involvement in process improvement/overall quality control of procedures
• IT development project experience as it relates to Fund Accounting
• Mix of private/public or private/admin experience is ideal. CPA is a plus.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience working on Financial Statements / Audit Process
• Experience working on tax returns (K-1’s, Federal + State filings) is a plus