Awesome Opportunity with a Thriving Global Macro Hedge Fund!
Cool Facts about the firm!
- AUM has increased from $12 to $20 Billion in the past year
- Headcount has increased from 550 to 1700 in the past 18 months
- Expansion of firm strategies beyond just their core of being Global Macro, including a push into Commodities (12% of the investment portfolio), systematic equities and Private Equity
- Great culture, permanent hybrid schedule of 3 days per week in-office
- On-site gym that’s owned by the founder, free to all employees and complimentary lunch and snacks throughout the office
- Firm was founded in 2001
- GREAT CULTURE – Huge selling point! They actively promote from within! The Head of US Trade Support and Head of Compliance started as Associates at the firm north of 10 years ago
- We’ve placed nearly 10 people at the firm in the past 24 months and they couldn’t be happier! Thriving in the culture that’s really collaborative, sharing of ideas etc.
- Full benefits, no contribution by the employee (Medical, Dental, Vision etc.)
- Three major offices in Chicago, New York and London (additional satellite offices globally)
In the role of Commodities Operations Associate in the New York Office the employee will be responsible for the following:
- Gain mastery of the firm’s proprietary trade capture, trade management processes, and available reporting tools to continually improve our ability analyze and support internal customers
- Gain strong understanding of operational front-to-back processes, working to improve overall effectiveness of support throughout the firm
- Maintain and build relationships with Executing Brokers, Prime Brokers, Fund Admins, and other counterparties on a daily basis
- Promote, adopt and integrate new technology as it becomes available
- Working with the firm’s clearing houses and brokers on trade, position, and valuation reconciliation
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Proficiency with relevant commodity trading software and data systems which include – TT, Trayport, WebICE, ICE E-Confirm, Beacon & Bloomberg
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Experience with futures clearers (FCMs)
- Candidate should demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills
- Energetic with team player mentality and process improvement oriented
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills including the ability to identify issues and potential solutions proactively
- A self-starter who takes initiative and ownership over processes and is resourceful
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- 2+ years of experience in commodity markets as a trading assistant and or operations support
- Experience in Power and Natural Gas is preferred