Great exposure to the Investment Process with a Top Performing Private Equity Fund!!
$40B AUM Private Equity Fund
3 Days in / 2 Remote
Fully Paid Benefits
Seeking an individual for the Custody Specialist position within the Finance, Legal and Quantitative Research group. Functional responsibilities will include settlement of transactions, maintenance of securities held and regulatory and compliance reporting. This position will provide a variety of Portfolio Company reporting and analysis for senior management, global investment teams and fundraising.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate all Custody aspects of Portfolio Company purchases and dispositions, including review and understanding of investment/transaction related documents (i.e. Share Purchase Agreements, Loan Agreements, Articles of Incorporation, Board Resolutions)
• Develop subject matter expertise in various Portfolio Companies by sector. Analyze and resolve complex problems and respond to inquiries related to those Portfolio Companies.
• Maintain database of securities held, ensure data integrity for all third-party records are up to date and managed appropriately
• Prepare asset verification analysis for external audit partners
• Assist in the maintenance of the firm’s data management platform to collect and analyze Portfolio Company data
• Foster a culture of collaboration within the team and across business lines
• Owning relationships and communication with external service providers including brokers, custodians, and transfer agents
• Assist with various custody/brokerage account openings. Ensures accurate maintenance and tracking of accounts including signatories and bank fees.
• Perform various weekly, monthly, and quarterly security holdings reconciliations. Resolve found discrepancies and data quality issues.
• Compile data from various sources into reports made available for broad use and consumption
• Partner with other teams across the finance organization to validate data for internal and external reporting
• Review of certain regulatory and compliance reports inclusive of SEC filings and audit independence
• Manage Portfolio Company Director & Officer (D&O) insurance policy collection and review
• Provide responses to ad-hoc requests as well as anticipate the needs of internal stakeholders
• Understand key business processes and support efforts to streamline and standardize by introducing automation or eliminating redundancies
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business-related discipline
• Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI a plus)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Detail oriented and quality conscious
• Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
• Analytical aptitude and proficiency
• Proactive, organized and takes ownership of workload
• Demonstrates self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly