CT based Global Investment Manager is searching for a Fund Treasury Associate to join the team!
Greenwich, CT based Global Investment Management Firm
- $100B+ AUM
- 1,000+ employees and growing!
- Excellent benefits, PTO program, family leave
- Hybrid work schedule
- Financial reporting oversight – contribute to the design and execution of procedures and controls that are intended to provide reasonable assurance that the financial reporting objectives are achieved, including ensuring financial statement filings are free of material misstatement due to errors or omission, and are certified, filed and distributed completely, accurately and timely to the appropriate regulators and investors. Responsible for the coordination of audit efforts with service providers and external auditors.
- Accounting oversight – contribute to the design and execution of procedures and controls that are intended to provide reasonable assurance that the accounting books and records are maintained accurately in accordance with the relevant generally accepted accounting principles, including implementation of accounting policies, design and implementation of NAV analytics, and oversight of expense and tax accruals.
- Vendor oversight – assist in managing vendors that contribute to the financial reporting process, including the fund administrators.
- Documentation of walkthroughs and risk assessments – perform and document walkthroughs of significant business processes that impact the financial reporting process. Design controls mappings and risk assessments that will be used as the basis for the financial reporting oversight model.
- Accounting Policy- follow developments in US GAAP and Lux GAAP relevant to the products’ investments. Ensure that the implications to the Firm’s Funds of such developments are well understood and that our accounting policies remain appropriate. Provide financial analysis, guidance and counsel to management, as necessary, with regard to interpreting accounting/regulatory policy.
- Fund related initiatives – lead/participate in various Fund related initiatives as they arise.
- Manage Offshore Team – assist in managing the Firm’s Fund Treasury Manila team (Philippines); includes determining procedures and tasks to assign to the offshore team, and review of the work performed
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- 3-5 years maximum of experience in the investment management industry, Big 4 Public Accounting firm and/or relevant industry experience is preferred.
- Technical and business knowledge of hedge funds, other various Fund types a plus (e.g., mutual funds, collective investment trusts, UCITS and AIFs) and structures (Master/Feeder, multi-class, etc.), as well as activities from an investment, operational, regulatory, accounting and financial reporting perspective.
- Strong financial reporting background required.
- Advanced understanding of accounting principles and procedures, including in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to evaluate issues and propose and implement solutions, with consideration for all downstream implications.
- Ability to contribute in the development and enhancement of the team’s technology initiatives and oversight processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and efficiency gains.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner in any format or forum.
- Proactive attitude, commitment to continuous learning.
- Flexibility, strong organizational and time management skills.