San Francisco Based Boutique Long/Short Equity Fund that looking to hire a Senior Accountant!
The role is newly created, and will work closely with the investment team to value illiquid investments and build out the valuations group. The position will work closely with the CFO on a daily basis, work closely with other internal teams, and will play an integral role in the direction of the firm.
• $4B AUM
• Long/Short Equity Main Strategy
• Growing in the Bank Debt, Crypto, & Private Investments Space
• 20+ Years in Business, Very stable Environment
• Top Compensation and Benefits package; along with a great work/life balance
• Extremely low turnover, only 3 people have left in 20 years
• Very tight-knit, family oriented work environment
• Lots of exposure to Senior Management
• Assist with updating the firm’s valuation policy
• Review the support for valuations prepared by the investment team for new and existing investments.
• Oversee the deliverables to independent valuation providers and assist with reviewing draft reports.
• Work with the investment team to track company milestones as it applies to valuation analysis.
• Assist the investment team with requesting and tracking information from portfolio companies as appropriate.
• Maintain the documentation required for the annual audit and financial statement preparation.
• Liaise between the firm and external auditors on audit inquiries related investments priced by the investment manager.
• Other ad-hoc assignments.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
• Financial services accounting experience
• CPA preferred
• Public accounting experience
• 2-6 years of experience