$40B AUM Private Equity Fund is hiring a Financial Reporting Accountant!
$40B AUM Private Equity Fund
8:30am – 5:30pm work hours
Fully Paid Benefits
This newly added role provides an opportunity to work in coordination with our Team Counterparts in the firm’s foreign offices, as well as other internal Accounting Groups and various third party international advisors and accounting firms regarding the Financial and Tax Reporting Obligations of holding companies located in Luxembourg, Netherlands, Mauritius, India, the Cayman Islands, Brazil, Hong Kong, and the British Virgin Islands.
This position will work directly with one manager and three other NY based senior accountants as well as our international based colleagues to assist with the financial reporting process for approximately 200 foreign subsidiaries and offshore investment holding companies in numerous jurisdictions. This role requires interacting with advisory firms, auditors, and other service providers regarding local tax and financial reporting compliance.
▪ Assist with the coordination of the financial reporting process for approximately 200 foreign subsidiaries and offshore investment holding companies in numerous jurisdictions, which involves interacting with advisory firms, auditors, and other service providers
▪ Be an integral part of the quarterly and annual review of financial statements and tax returns
▪ Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements for certain investment holding companies
▪ Review supporting schedules (such as cash reconciliations, interest calculations, company holding security reconciliations, investment cost schedules, etc.)
▪ Review investment/transaction related documents (i.e. Share Purchase Agreements, Loan Agreements, Articles of Incorporation, Corporate Resolutions, Board Minutes) to ensure proper financial statement reporting/disclosures
▪ Work closely with Fund Accounting, Cash Management, Tax, Custody, and Portfolio Analysis Teams
Requirements / Qualifications:
▪ BS in Accounting
▪ Audit Background; 2-3 year Staff or 1st year Senior
▪ CPA helpful but not mandatory
▪ Private Equity and/or Alternative Investment experience required
▪ Public company/SEC reporting experience helpful
▪ The appropriate candidate for this position must have strong organizational and analytical skills, be very detail oriented, and have the ability to prioritize under pressure
▪ The ability to work well both independently and in teams