The position will be a highly visible and key role on the Valuations team, assisting in the fair value determination of public investments within the Funds business.
Highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $50 billion of assets under management, manages assets on behalf of over 1,000 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity, and permanent capital investment strategies.
- Assist in the daily and monthly valuation of a diverse set of investments, including but not limited to asset backed securities, bonds, middle market and broadly syndicated loans, trade claims, public equities, and derivatives.
- Coordinate the receipt of monthly valuations from pricing vendors, brokers, and asset managers
- Review quotes from brokers and pricing vendors and hold discussions with trading desk to monitor the reasonableness of quotes received. Investigate and challenge pricing variances
- Review internal valuations with asset managers to understand movements in valuations
- Compile valuations and supporting information and prepare summary packages to be reviewed by senior management and Valuation Committee
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of various financial products especially asset backed securities, bonds, and middle market and broadly syndicated loans products
- Bright, quick learner, reliable, self-motivated
- Strong personal ownership and ability to resolve issues independently
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Process improvement orientated
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must