Awesome opportunity to build a career with an Alternative Asset Manager in South Florida!
Multi-Strategy Hedge Fund with several billion dollars in assets-under-management
- Daily/monthly maintenance of internal general ledger and allocation software.
- Daily/monthly calculation of funds profit and loss, RORs, Alpha, and equity option Deltas.
- Prepare/review month-end NAV and internal control packages.
- Prepare/review investors’ management/performance fees, profit & loss, and RORs.
- Review monthly investor market value statements.
- Interact with external service providers, administrator, and auditors.
- Review year-end financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Execute special projects, meet investor side letter reporting, and meet ad hoc reporting request.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience; mix of public accounting and private Hedge Fund or direct fund audit experience.
- Understanding of financial instruments a plus, including: equity securities, fixed income, options and derivatives.
- Knowledge of various fund structures
- Experience with series and partnership accounting principles and application.
- Experience with various management fee and performance fee structures.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, in compliance with GAAP, and the application of such principles in preparation/review of the monthly NAV packages/year-end financials.
- Candidate should be highly proficient with Microsoft Excel including PivotTables; macros a plus.
- Ideal candidate should possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Looking for excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Applicant should have a strong desire to learn and take on increasingly new and challenging tasks.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA (or pursuing a CPA).