Top Performing Alternative Manager in NYC is seeking a Management Company Controller!!
$40B AUM Alternative Manager
3 Days in / 2 Remote
- Manage accounting responsibilities within the monthly close cycle
- Perform a detailed monthly review of all P&L activity by Business Unit
- Assist in the preparation of the firm’s annual operating budget and forecast while actively incorporating the feedback of all team leaders
- Review budget vs actual variance analysis (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Assist with the management of expense codes and corresponding allocation rules
- Responsible for all facets of the expense allocation close process including reviewing and analyzing all expenses booked, and understanding the related allocation methodologies of these expenses to the management companies
- Manage consolidated quarterly and annual financial reporting including financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations
- Review fee related items (management fees, transaction fee offsets)
- Help develop and maintain efficient internal controls and business processes
- Continuously identify efficiencies and improve effectiveness by determining best practice
- Interact with different departments in the firm including Fund Accounting, IT, Operations, Compliance, Tax and Legal
- Manage and perform special projects and analysis for leadership
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Business Administration, Finance, or a related field
- 12+ years of relevant experience with public accounting/private mix or related experience working in hedge fund/private equity firm
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, consolidation, and partnership accounting concepts
- Proven experience as a Management Company Manager or a similar role, with a strong track record of successful partnership development.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with general ledger accounting systems and ability to learn and utilize multiple systems. Previous experience with Business Central is a plus.