The team is looking for someone to work across both GP accounting and fund accounting in a high volume environment. The role is newly created and reports into the Controller and CFO!
• Leading Middle Market PE Firm
• Hybrid 3x back in office
• 30+ Years in Business
• Office in Fairfield Country, CT
<5 min walk from train station
• Amazing benefits (healthcare, 401k/matching)
• 150 employees
• Global Offices
• Great hours!
• Small finance team
• Friendly, team oriented culture
• Lots of exposure across the firm and to different teams
• Strong year after year performance!
• Process and track daily cash contributions, distributions, and carried interest allocations
• Prepare cash and other necessary journal entries
• Handle daily activities and notices on assigned GP entities
• Manage the creation of strategic investor notices
• Set up wires in online banking portal for GP capital calls, distributions or members’ carried interest distribution
• Prepare quarterly workpapers for assigned GP entities including maintaining the related general ledgers
• Assist with requests received from GP members
• Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and complete work with little direction
• Exhibit time-management skills by developing and executing specific goals in an agreed upon timeframe
• Liaise with third-party fund administrators
• Understand the Fund governing documents, the org charts, and the general partners’ relationship to the Funds.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
• 4+ years of fund or corporate accounting experience
• Financial services background required
• CPA preferred, not a must
• Managerial experience