Awesome opportunity to join this boutique real estate firm… The Controller reports directly to the CFO with exposure to the Deal Team, Portfolio Finance, Tax and Senior Management team.
- Leading Real Estate Investment Platform
- Founded 40 years ago
- Located in Midtown, NYC
- 9:00am – 5:00pm Work Hours
- Great benefits, 401k plan/match, seamless meal account
- Tons of exposure across the different types of Real Estate Investments
- Role is open due to growth
- This is an Entrepreneurial environment where you will be able to prove yourself and grow with the group
- Coordinate with the Controller on accounting projects. This may include but is not limited to special transactions, i.e. acquisitions and refinancing of properties, condo conversions etc.
- Review the work of staff accountants and lease compliance including CAM and Tax billings.
- Maintain books and records for properties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s internal controls.
- Prepare year-end work papers for the tax accountants.
- Reconcile bank statements.
• Record activity at the property level via journal entries.
- Deal with cash management, including capital calls, distributions, etc.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 7-10 years experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Public Accounting Background
- CPA preferred NOT a Must