Top Performing REIT in NYC is looking to hire a Senior Real Estate Fund Accountant
$25B AUM REIT
- Responsible for accuracy of NAV through month-end review of reconciliations, trading PNL and accruals.
- Communicate directly with third party administrators.
- Responsible for the review of quarterly and annual audited financial statements.
- Responsible for the accuracy of fund accounting, reporting, analysis and special projects, including developing a comprehensive understanding of products traded and processes utilized.
- Interaction with Operations, Investor Relations, Legal, Tax, Financial Reporting and Technology to resolve process and accounting issues.
- Coordination with internal tax professionals.
- Coordination and oversight of fund administrator’s books and records, financial statements, and cash reconciliation process
- Managing and modifying accounting/financial systems, procedures, and processes, as necessary.
- Participate in discussions with deals team and tax team on deal pipelines, funding, and distributions schedules.
- Actively manage third party engagements and invoices as they become due.
- Manage the audit engagement process with external accountants and auditors
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of public or private accounting experience. CPA preferred.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Must work well in a very dynamic and deadline driven culture.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word) required.