$40B AUM Alternative Manager is hiring a Financial Reporting professional!
A global leader in alternative investing with approximately $40 billion in assets across complementary credit, private equity, and real estate strategies. We invest across the capital structure where our integrated investment platforms and proprietary operating capabilities create an edge to improve performance and drive long-term value. Our tenured teams have experience working collaboratively across asset classes, sectors, and geographies to seek strong risk-adjusted returns for our investors.
The Financial Reporting team provides fund/investment/portfolio/platform-level performance and exposure analytics across credit, private equity, and real estate strategies. Due to growth, we are recruiting an AVP/VP to join our team.
As a Financial Reporting AVP/VP, you will collaborate with team members to perform analysis and create reports and other deliverables for current and prospective investors, senior management, and external consultants. Outputs range from bespoke reports and dashboards to investor due diligence requests.
- Produce comprehensive fund reports detailing fund/investment/portfolio/platform-level performance and exposure analytics
- Update and maintain models and performance metrics for all investment strategies
- Build and maintain track and transparency reporting for all investment strategies
- Collaborate with investment professionals, sales, and marketing to provide value-add performance analysis and complete tasks/requests from current/prospective investors
- Produce, review and approve monthly and quarterly fund reports and investor requests
- Perform database reporting and update data queries as needed in SAP Business Objects
- Review and develop excel models relevant to deliverables
- Lead automation projects for reporting and team processes
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- CFA designation a plus
- 5+ years of Fund Reporting experience
- Proficiency working with and manipulating large data sets
- Strong knowledge across alternative investment strategies including credit, private equity, and real estate
- Track record of succeeding in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of fund and portfolio performance metrics (IRR, Annualized Returns, Multiples, P&L Stratification), complex/varied fee structures and how to calculate
- Understanding of accounting concepts and financial statement analysis (Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Statement of Equity)
- Experience reviewing Fund reports and responding to investor requests
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced user for Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word including data structuring (Tables, Dynamic Ranges) as well as designing and building scalable Excel solutions to minimize manual work (VBA, Pivot Tables, Macros)
- Experience in Power BI, SAP Business Objects and SharePoint strongly preferred
- Basic proficiency in Anaplan a plus