Real Estate Investment Fund is hiring a Senior Fund Accountant!
Global leader in alternative investing with approximately $45 billion* in assets across complementary credit, private equity, and real estate strategies. We invest across the capital structure where our integrated investment platforms and proprietary operating capabilities create an edge to improve performance and drive long-term value. Our tenured teams have experience working collaboratively across asset classes, sectors, and geographies to seek strong risk-adjusted returns for our investors.
Fund Accounting has a significant presence within the organization. The position will be responsible for maintaining the books and records of several funds in accordance with GAAP. The role will also require interactions with several departments within the firm, including Operations, Financial Reporting, Tax, Legal, Investor Relations and Technology.
- Responsible for accuracy of NAV through month-end review of reconciliations, trading PNL and accruals.
- Communicate directly with third party administrators.
- Responsible for the review of quarterly and annual audited financial statements.
- Responsible for the accuracy of fund accounting, reporting, analysis and special projects, including developing a comprehensive understanding of products traded and processes utilized.
- Interaction with Operations, Investor Relations, Legal, Tax, Financial Reporting and Technology to resolve process and accounting issues.
- Coordination with internal tax professionals.
- Various investor relations information requests.
- Managing and modifying accounting/financial systems, procedures, and processes, as necessary.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of public accounting or public/private mix. CPA preferred. Target candidate is Senior/experienced senior
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Must work well in a very dynamic and deadline driven culture.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word) required.