$40B AUM Private Equity Firm in NYC is targeting an SVP of Valuations
• Leading Global Alternative Asset Manager
• 800 Employees
• 30+ Years in Business, very stable work environment
• Ongoing training and learning opportunities, education reimbursements
• Laid back, team oriented environment, good work/life balance
• Great company perks, happy hours, sports teams, and fitness programs
• Competitive salary and 401K match
Seeking a Vice President / Senior Vice President within its Credit Funds business. The position will be a highly visible and key role on the Valuations team, assisting in the fair value determination of public and private investments within the Credit Funds business.
- Oversight and in-depth review of monthly valuations of the Credit Funds’ investments.
- Provide leadership and guidance towards valuing companies, businesses, and securities.
- Assist in the on-going analysis of the portfolio by reviewing complex financial models, key valuation assumptions and performance indicators, and tracking significant events for each asset
- Manage preparation of summary packages to be reviewed by senior management and Valuation Committee.
- Develop strong relationships and effective lines of communication with colleagues and third parties (including Credit Funds senior management, asset management, fund accounting, auditors, and third-party valuation agents)
- Ability to represent the Valuation function in various internal and external multi-team discussions, including investor facing communications with topics related to fair value process, methodologies, topical valuation themes, and current valuation marks
- Continuously assess existing processes versus leading best practices and propose enhancements with a focus on strengthening control environment
Requirements / Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of relevant experience
- Must have hands on experience with private valuations (debt and and or equity valuations)
- Comprehensive understanding of valuation across multiple asset classes including but not limited to real estate, corporate debt & securities, structured finance products, and private equity investments.
- Management experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written communication) skills, including experience presenting / communicating with senior managers
- Bright, quick learner, reliable, self-motivated
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as work closely with fellow team members in a collaborative environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills