Exciting opportunity with a fast-paced and growing Fin Tech in NYC!
Top Fintech in New York City has an immediate opening for a Treasury Associate with 2-5 years of experience!
The team is responsible for margin and collateral management, FX cash balance optimization, daily wire operations, and leverage monitoring and reporting. Every day, the Treasury team liaises with both internal partners across the firm and external counterparts, including Prime Brokers, FCMs, OTC bilateral counterparties, corporate financing providers, custodians and commercial banks, to ensure margin calls are accurate and are met, accounts are sufficiently funded, and payments are settled. Treasury also aims to drive cost savings by monitoring/disputing margin differences between internal margin calculations and counterparty figures and optimizing where balances are held.
Daily responsibilities will include handling the firm’s wire operations and daily margin process, in addition to optimizing where FX cash balances are held. You will also have the opportunity to partner with the firm’s Engineering team on projects to build and improve Treasury’s systems and processes.
Supervising cash and collateral management operations for both corporate and fund entities, ensuring accounts are adequately funded and cash and collateral movements are settled.
· Leading FX cash balance optimization, from instruction through settlement.
· Conducting the firm’s daily margin process, which includes actively handling the excess cash held at Prime Brokers, FCMs, OTC bilateral counterparties, and custodians, and ensuring all margin calls are accurate and are met.
· Liaising with teams across corporate to handle capital activity. – Managing lines of credit for corporate cash planning.
· Performing money market fund trades to invest excess cash and fund transactions for corporate entities.
· Collaborating with the firm’s Engineering team to build/enhance Treasury systems and Treasury processes.
· You will develop a network of partners, spanning across the firm’s corporate and a diverse set of external counterparties.
Requirements / Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or a similar field with a strong academic track record.
2-5 years of treasury or collateral management related experience from an asset manager, fund administrator or bank.
Experience handling payments and collateral movements.
Knowledge of SWIFT messaging types and formatting.
Handling margin for prime broker, FCM, and/or OTC bilateral counterparty relationships. – An understanding of margin methodologies.
Improving/building operational systems/processes.
Basic coding and/or advanced Excel.