Tier 1 Investment Bank in NYC is hiring a VP – Rates Valuation!
Tier 1 Investment Bank in NYC
Overview [Business/Role Specific Description]
As a Valuation Control Specialist, you will focus on Independent Price Verification (IPV) across derivatives and complex interest rate products supporting various businesses in the Americas. You’ll be an integral part of the team focusing on all aspects of valuation control including IPV, fair value reserving, prudent valuation, methodology, leveling and control framework. You will also be involved on the Market Risk side and interact across the entire organization including Front Office, Risk and Finance.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Oversight of monthly and intra-month Independent Price Verification (IPV) across multiple asset classes with a focus on complex interest rate products and derivatives namely municipal bonds and muni derivatives
- Development of valuation methodologies, model appropriateness and reserving; independent modelling of transactions may be required. Review and deep-dive analysis of Level 3 (i.e. hard-to-value positions), bespoke and structured trades
- Responsible for the valuation control processes for the US Core Rates businesses including but not limited to: valuation, leveling (i.e. Level, 1, 2 and 3), sourcing of market data and back testing, prudent valuation, model calibration, methodology reviews, reporting, observability and analysis of results. Respond to relevant regulatory and audit queries
- Involvement on the Market Risk side as fully integrated with Valuation function
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Math(s), Sciences, Finance, Business or other relevant degrees preferred. MS or higher education an advantage
- Post graduate finance related qualification (i.e. CFA or FRM) an advantage
- Moderate experience working in a markets investment banking environment either in a valuation, risk management or front office (i.e. trading\structuring) capacity
- Knowledge of complex interest rate products and exotics, a plus
- Detailed knowledge of financial instrument valuation and risks measurement in a complex product area, preferably in complex rates products or derivatives. Knowledge of rates exotics, Bermudan options, inflation or muni derivatives, a plus